And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Maybe Karma Exists, After All

In my previous job in retail, a certain employee of the store got away with murder, seemingly with no consequences whatsoever. I used to wonder about that, and my friends in the store would tell me that karma would catch up with this person, and the universe would ultimately balance itself out. I used to scoff at them, and tell them there was no such thing as karma.

Ultimately, the store I worked in closed down a few months after I left, and this employee had to take a job that was essentially a demotion, and is now hating life and everyone in it.

In my previous post, about people leaving early all the time, I mentioned how I hated having to pick up the slack of others. Well, what I suspect might be karma reared it's head and made itself known. The employee who seems to leave early the most often was tasked the other day with cleaning, vacuuming and dusting all the front offices. I was thrilled! However, he took off early again the next day.

I guess I owe my old colleagues an apology.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Did you ever catch the TV show "My Name is Earl?" I loved Earl's quest to repay karma for all the bad things he did and the people he hurt.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I'm afraid I've never watched that show. My TV viewing is rather limited.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT