And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, June 22, 2007

A Really Good Day

Today turned out to be much more spectacular than I thought it would. My duty for today was to take a family to the National Cemetery to bury cremated remains. It was my understanding they were to ride in the limousine, but when I get to work I see a note on the board that says they will follow me. So I'm thinking that they are going to drive themselves and just follow me up there.

Well, it turns out they did use the limo, plus they had three or four cars following, plus they had other friends and family meeting them there. The widow was quite chatty in the car and really very pleasant to talk to, sitting beside me in the front seat. The family was really nice and the ceremony went very well. We hit the road to come back and as soon as we got on the interstate they asked me if I could take them to a restaurant for lunch. They were halfway joking, thinking I had to go right back to the funeral home. I told them I was at there disposal, so we went to lunch! I got a free meal and a tip when we got back to the funeral home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

Free meal and tip - can't be bad! It's nice to see it's not all doom and gloom in your job!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

In front of families, we present a professional demeanor, but behind the scenes we have a good time. Most occupations that deal with death (nursing, paramedics, etc.) seem to cope with a macabre sense of humor.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT