And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Working With The Owner

Since we're down one funeral director for the next ten days or so, I anticipate I'll be working closely with the owner. Usually he takes it easy, coming in when he's needed, doing what needs to be done, then leaving. This situation has left me and the other funeral director (my boss-the one who has a talent for sometimes frustrating me) working together quite a bit.

However, now that he's on his honeymoon, the owner will have to step in and take up some slack. I'm hoping he'll be able to see me in action and understand and appreciate how far I believe I've come this past year. As an example, I was helping to embalm one of the bodies we got Friday, and we needed to raise the axillary arteries to inject the arms. I picked up the scalpel, made my incision, and in about 3 minutes I had located and raised the artery. One year ago, when I started, it would have taken me probably 15 minutes or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT