And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Friday, October 15, 2010

Maturing As A Director

We had a ship in earlier this week. Everything had been prearranged, all that was needed was to sit down with the family and find out if they wanted flowers, a memorial package, and to collect money for the clergy to perform the funeral. It's a graveside service at the cemetery. My boss (the owner) told me that I could finish that arrangement. They came in yesterday and I got everything worked out. In a way, you could say this was my first burial arrangement, even though I didn't do much. Still, we all have to start somewhere. My boss is out of town, and since he's the embalmer on call for his team, I asked the owner who was going to do any embalmings that may come in. He told me to call him, and then I asked him when I would be allowed to do my own. Whenever I get a call that needs embalming, Returning Employee comes in to do the work. I've been licensed for almost 3 years, and have been learning for 5, and it was decided I can start performing my own embalmings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT