And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happy Again

In one of my previous posts I alluded to the fact that I had lost my joy, and if I had the financial security I would leave funeral directing altogether. Since moving to my new firm I have rediscovered my joy, much like Billy Crystal finding his smile in "City Slickers." At my new firm I no longer feel like a janitor, although I frequently joke with the staff about them letting janitors meet with families and make funeral arrangements. In addition to not being relegated to janitorial duties, I have been tasked with assisting with some bookkeeping, which requires me to learn Quickbooks. It's a challenge, as I am not a bookkeeper by any means, and I have never used Quickbooks in my life. Still, I am slowly figuring it out with help from the video tutorials and the secretary at our crematory.

2 Comments:

Blogger bpuharic said...

Just stumbled across your blog and it's very interesting. I've been a hospice volunteer, student nurse and am now a volunteer EMT. We've had our share of 'transports' of the deceased. Always wondered what life was like on the other side. Your blog is fascinating...almost like a diary. Keep it up!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Hi, Bob. Thanks for reading and commenting. I appreciate it. If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT