And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, September 07, 2013

That's What The Clerical Staff Is For

For the last few months I've been trying my best to train our intern to be an effective funeral director and embalmer. One thing I've been trying to get him to learn is how to enter death certificates into the computerized system the state set up a couple of years ago. Whenever I would suggest we sit down and go over some things, he would say things like, "Well, I've got finals. Let me get through that first." Then when he graduated, it was, "I've got the National Boards. Let me get through that first." Yesterday he piped up and told me, "Boss said I don't need to worry about learning that. That's what the clerical staff is for." I was stunned. I told him he needed to be a director that knew how to do everything, which my boss is not. I pointed out that had I already left for my new position when the secretary walked out, there would be NO ONE in that funeral home who knew how to enter death certificates. Regardless, when I do vacate the premises, whoever does or does not know how to generate death certificates will no longer concern me. Incidentally, the "clerical staff" to which my boss was referring is myself and the secretary at the other location, who is out of town all next week for vacation. Funny, the license on the wall says I'm a funeral director, not clerical staff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT