And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Finally, Some Relief!

I was on call all last week while the intern was on vacation. With him gone, it was just myself and my boss available for calls, which loosely translated means I was on call the whole time. And did the calls come in! The intern was gone from a Friday to a Friday, and I went out on call Friday night, Saturday morning, Monday night, Tuesday night (twice), Wednesday night (twice). I did seven removals to my boss's one. The only reason he did that one was the deceased was a friend of an employee. Needless to say I was beat, and was very glad to see the intern return to work. Since he came back we've only had a couple of calls, and I've been able to sleep through the night several days in a row. My boss told me he would give me some time off, so I hope when he returns from his vacation (he'll be back next Monday) that I'll get a couple of days to relax and take it easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT