And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Seriously Short-Handed

Thanks to a vacation scheduling snafu, both my boss and another director are on vacation until the 4th of July. This leaves our second location without a director, and our primary location short one director. The owner and myself will have to cover everything for the duration. That leaves me answering the phones every day after hours, which I detest. I especially hate those calls from our second location. We use an answering service, and they usually call up and say they have an *URGENT* message. I'll call the number and it's somebody checking to see if mom's been cremated or asking if the death certificates are ready.
Tomorrow will be busy, more so because of the staff shortage. We've got to load a casket into an airtray and have it to the airport by 10am. We've got a 10am funeral mass, followed by the National Cemetery. We've a 1:30 ID view, and a 4pm memorial service. The National Cemetery will take two people; myself and driver for the limo, and we'll be gone from about 9:45 until 2:30 or so, leaving the owner and one other person to get everything done in the afternoon. I'll be glad when the week is over; not that it matters a whole lot because I'll still have the blasted telephones all weekend long.

4 Comments:

Blogger soon to be Mrs. M said...

I'm currently a Mortuary Science major in college. Do you own your own funeral home? I want to own my own someday and trying to find some input as to how I could get started.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

No, I don't own my own funeral home. I'm not sure how you would get started in that, unless you start working for a family owned firm and then try to buy into it.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Red Blogger said...

Sorry to intrude. Nice blog. Just looking for some inspiration for my blog and maybe some visitors and followers (and even 'clickers' on my ads).

8:46 AM  
Blogger sofia123 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT