And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

I Am So Tired Of The Cow Cookies

One of my coworkers has scheduling difficulties because of his small children. His wife works late Monday-Wednesday, so he is not available for call until around midnight. So my boss, who is the other man on that rotation, takes those calls. In return, the worker ends up working call almost all of the rest of the time. He complains about it constantly, and when there is visitation Monday-Wednesday evenings, he can't work that, either. As a result, when he is called on to work extra, he grouses and complains that he's always on call and shouldn't have to work extra, with the result being myself or one of the guys on my call rotation ends up working.
Second. Whenever we get a body that's been autopsied, no matter which embalmer is on call that night, my crew ends up staying late to work on it. How is this fair? It happened tonight. The other team is on call, yet myself and another embalmer ended up staying until 7pm to work on it. To make matters worse, my boss, who is supposed to be on call tonight, is out of town at a dinner party and won't be available until later. Since his whiny partner can't cover until midnight, today being a Wednesday, guess who's having to cover calls? I am so tired of doing everyone else's work. My boss mentioned today that we need a priest for a funeral he arranged this morning. Guess who'll probably end up doing that for him, too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT