And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Postponing My Day Off

This is my weekend to work and be on call. Normally I would be off come the following Monday, but since we've got a couple of people who will be on vacation this coming Monday, I may have to postpone it. As it stands, the owner will still be gone, and our secretary is leaving this weekend for vacation. This leaves four people to cover, which is usually not a problem. However, one of the other funeral homes is hiring our limo and driver Monday, which leaves 3 people behind. If I take my day off, that would leave only 2 people, and that's just not a good idea. It could be done, but it's better to have more than just 2 people, because that second person will be running errands. That would leave only one person on the premises, and that's not ideal. So, I'll probably take my day off Tuesday, instead. No big deal.

Monday after work I'll be getting new cell phones for the family. I was on my son's plan, and his contract expires this Monday. We're changing carriers, and my wife will finally have a cell phone. She's had a Tracfone prepaid phone for the past year or so, but it doesn't get good reception and she more often than not leaves it turned off. She's going to give that phone to her niece, and take the free phone that comes with the plan. My son is taking the free phone, too, but I'm getting the phone that doubles as an MP3 player, with FM transmitter so it can play through your car stereo speakers. That will be nice on those long-distance removals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT