And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, April 10, 2008

When Will It End?

The calls do not stop coming. Yesterday we had two visitations, plus a memorial service. Today we had two funeral masses and a cot view. By the end of the day, we had four calls, all of them coming after lunch. Call number one was a car accident. We'll get the body from the Medical Examiner in the next day or two. Number two will be a burial Monday at the National Cemetery. Myself and one other guy will handle that. Call number three will be a cremation; I don't know if there will be any services. The fourth call will be a ship-out. This makes about 15 or 16 calls for the month, with about 9 of them coming in the last 6 days.

While all of this business can be good for the bottom line, it can also lead to confusion and mistakes. When you're handling this many calls in such a short time, it's easy to overlook things like filing the death certificate, getting families to sign cremation authorizations, sending the completed paperwork to the crematory, etc. So we have to be extra vigilant with our paperwork, and that's not always easy when there is so much of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT