And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Man Who Wasn't There

In yesterday's post I talked about my efforts to track down a doctor to have him re-sign a death certificate. I picked up the hunt again today, calling the office I visited to yesterday to confirm that he would be in. I was told he would be in all day long, with the exception of a couple of hours at lunch, which is understandable.

I show up at his office around 10:30, only to be told he's not there! I told them that I had called and was told he would be. I was informed that he only visits this office on Tuesdays and Friday mornings. He was at another location. I got the address and headed out. I arrived about 20 minutes later, only to find his office was closed for the day. So I make a note of the address and when I get back to the funeral home, I look up the phone number and call. I got the answering service, who told me the office was closed all day. I told them who I was looking for, and they said he was probably at yet another office. I got that name and phone number, but by this time it was lunch and I wasn't even going to go down that road.

In summary, this doctor has at least 4 different addresses, rotating among them on what is probably a daily basis. The plan my boss and I agreed upon was to go down Friday morning at the office where he is supposed to be, of course, calling first to verify he is actually on the premises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT