And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

This week has been a very busy one, which is why I haven't been able to post anything in a few days. We spent all day Saturday and Sunday moving into the new house. We got all of the big pieces of furniture in. There's still a lot of little stuff at the old apartment, but we've got a couple of weeks to get it all out, and it's not anything we can't carry over in our cars. We put up the Christmas tree Sunday night. I had one of those surreal moments in the middle of decorating; "I'm putting up the Christmas tree, in my house!" I'm sure you've had those types of moments, so you know what I mean. My wife and I got most of Christmas Eve off; I left work at 9:45am, and she left around 11am. My son got off at 5pm. We went to a candlelight service at church, then came home and watched "Elf" on DVD. We're thrilled to be in the house. My wife got me a Hallmark ornament; a small house with "2007" on it, to commemorate this event in our lives. We got up early, cooked breakfast, traded gifts, then went to my mother's house for lunch and gifts. My son got Guitar Hero III for the Wii. He taught me how to play, but between his game and the Mario Galaxy he got me, Wii time will be hard to come by.

Anyhow, that's a quick summary of events to date. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT