And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, December 02, 2007

I'm On Vacation

I start my vacation this week. This is the first time I've had any significant time off in a year and a half. Since my family and I are moving into our first house, I'll be spending most days cleaning the new house, painting, and getting ready for the move. In addition, I have my state board exams in a few days, plus a Sunday School lesson to prepare for the 9th of December. Needless to say, this will be a busy week.

It never ceases to amaze me how God will sometimes work things out and you don't even know it until you find yourself in the middle of such a situation. For example, I planned this vacation about 3 months ago, based on the wedding and honeymoon of my wife's boss. I knew my wife would be off work after the wedding, so I planned my vacation accordingly. Then, within the last few weeks, we were able to get the house and start preparing for the move. As a result, we've got almost a whole week of free time (besides my State Board) to work in the new house, getting it cleaned and painted.

My plan is to work during the daytime, then study in the evening. I'll probably work on my Sunday School lesson Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. My wife and I decided that regardless of when we actually move into the house, we will at least spend Christmas Day there. I'm looking forward to it. I'm actually contemplating starting a new blog concerning the house; before and after pictures, and so forth. The only thing that's holding me back is thinking how boring that might be to anyone but my family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

New blog or no, I want to see pictures of the new house!!!!
Enjoy your time off!!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Post them here. This is great to hear the exam will be soon. I'm sure you are going to do fine on it. Good luck getting the house in order. I don't envy you with all the work it must entail.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT