And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Home Of My Own

I've been married for over 21 years, and in all that time I've never owned a home. We've always rented apartments, and for a while we lived with my parents. This was right after my son was born.

Sometime after the New Year, most likely, we will be moving into our very own house. The owner of the funeral home where I work also speculates in real estate, and he holds a number of properties around town. He will be buying another house, and will rent it to us for the first year, and after that we will be renting to own. My wife and I are very excited. There's a lot of work to be done on the house, but it will be worth it. It's a two bedroom, two bath, 1100 square foot home with a one car garage and screened in patio. We are looking forward to moving in.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Granimore!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you feel really grown up now? And renting is just like giving money to someone else instead of investing in your own home.

Congratulations!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

It's scary and exciting all at the same time. Now I have to think about things like yard work, taking the trash to the streets, etc...

5:31 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Congrats! I hope it will be a wonderful and warm sanctuary.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT