And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, September 21, 2007

Two And A Half Funeral Directors

My wife and I were watching the CBS comedy "Two and A Half Men" the other night. For anyone not familiar with the show, Charlie Sheen plays a womanizing, self-centered, fun loving kind of guy, living the good life in Malibu. His brother, recently divorced, moves in with him and, on weekends, gets to spend time with his young son. Hence, the name of the show.

The brother, Alan, played by Jon Cryer, is a neurotic, uptight, straight laced worry wart. As we were watching the show, it became very clear to me that I'm more like Alan than I am Charlie. I told my wife as much, and she told me she had already figured that one out.

I was watching "Titanic" this evening. Remember when Jack and Rose are partying their tails off with the immigrants while Hockley and his friends are sipping brandy, smoking cigars and talking business? Of the two scenarios, I would be more comfortable in the latter setting. I'm too much of a wallflower to enjoy such a boisterous event. I don't like crowds, I don't like loud noises, I don't like dancing, I don't like letting my hair down. I like my hair just where it is.

That's not to say I don't like having fun. I enjoy cracking jokes, having a good laugh, getting out and doing things with my family. It's just that I will never ever be the guy in the movies who has to teach all of his uptight friends how to loosen up. I will always be one of the uptight friends, and I'm fine with that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous funeral directors Glasgow said...

Everyone has its preferences. I, too, is the same as you even if I wanted to take things so easy just like some of my friends do. However, life is too short not to experience loosen up. We have to sometime in our lives for the sake of experience.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT