And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, September 10, 2007

Arlington National Cemetery

Of all the National Cemeteries across the country, Arlington National is probably the most widely well-known. Due to it's prestige, eligibility for burial is limited to select individuals. Among them are any former member of the Armed Forces who has been awarded one of the following decorations:
  1. Medal of Honor
  2. Distinguished Service Cross (Navy Cross or Air Force Cross)
  3. Distinguished Service Medal
  4. Silver Star
  5. Purple Heart
This morning I called Arlington National to arrange a burial for the call we received Saturday. I'm very proud and honored to have been a part of these arrangements. The gentleman was the recipient of a Purple Heart, which means he was wounded in the line of duty during wartime. Tonight was visitation, and the family brought all of his medals. It was very impressive seeing them and realizing what he and his brethren went through and fought for during the dark days of World War II. Rest in Peace, soldier.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

These veterans do deserve a little honor for what they endured.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I absolutely agree. I only wish we could do more while they were still with us.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT