And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cursed

Don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you, but sometimes I think I am cursed. Things, bad things, seem to happen me more often than anybody I know. This has been going on my whole life. For example, when I was about 15, my dad and I went to the lake. He backed the boat into the water, and I held the rope. That was my only job. Hold the rope attached to the boat so it didn't drift out of reach. Sounds simple, but when the boat left the trailer, my dad pulled forward with the car to draw the trailer out of the water. The rope snagged on the bumper, and the boat came grinding up onto the ramp, right behind the trailer. Fortunately, dad heard and saw what happened, and we were able to push the boat off the ramp and back into deeper water with no damage.

But crap like that happens to me all the time. Like yesterday. I was driving the coach to the National Cemetery. I was all alone, so I put the tape I brought into the tape deck, wanting to listen to my kind of music on the hour-long drive. Immediately it gets jammed in the tape deck and won't play. So I push EJECT, thinking I'll flip it over and try the other side. It won't come out, and every time I pushed the EJECT button, it made this tika-tika-tika-tika-tika sound. Even when I got back to the funeral home and worked on it with a flat-blade screwdriver and needle-nose pliers, it still wouldn't come out. Our errand guy finally got it out this morning, but the tape was destroyed in the process. I'm not certain if the tape deck is still usable, but I'm not about to put anything in there to find out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sank said...

Think of it as a message from above. Someone wants you to get a new MP3 player for yourself.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I'm hoping when we get a new coach, it will have a cd player.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can take the tape, and with very careful manipulation cut out the damaged bit and sticky tape the cut ends back together -usually you cannot tell where the break is.

I am the 'accident' prone one in our family - I buy a Teach Yourself French CD set. The CD will not play in my car. It won't play in the house on the one player. It has an ipod / MP3 exercise CD, I have to get a new phone to load it. Now I have to ask someone else to load it, as I cannot - gah!! It never ends!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I have spliced tapes in the past, but unfortunately the casing was cracked in the removal process. It wasn't an important tape; I had dubbed off a bunch of my 45s back when I had a turntable. I still have the 45s, just no turntable.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT