And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, January 21, 2008

Randomness

I just realized it's been about 10 or 11 days since my last post. I apologize for going so long without any news, it's just that there hasn't been much to write about.

I did send in my application to retake the State Board exam. Once they receive my app, they'll let me know I'm in the system and I can schedule the re-test.

For the past year, I conducted an experiment with my Juno.com email account. In exchange for a free mailbox, they give my address to their advertisers, who send me junk mail. For 2007, I received 352 pieces of junk mail. That's almost one per day, but they would usually arrive in clusters of 2 or 3. Sometimes I would go a whole week without junk mail, then the next day I would have several waiting for me.

Does spamming work? I personally have never, ever, bought anything because of spam email.

Work on the house continues. I tore down the clothesline in the backyard. Now I have to separate the pole from the concrete base they were embedded in. (I just pulled the poles out of the ground, concrete and all). I also worked on our dead hedgerow. There are a row of hedges separating my yard from the neighbor behind me. 98% of the hedges are dead. I've uprooted a couple, but they stretch all the way across my backyard. Here's a couple of pictures for your consideration.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sank said...

I like gmail, which is free to.
I learned a bit about the spammers last summer. Send out 500,000 emails for free. Get a return rate one half a percent.. that's 2500. Doesn't take much.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT