And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Just Call Me "Virginia Slims"

I was thinking about how things ran this week while my boss was out of town. We had a lot going on, and I took a lot of responsibility upon myself for making some of it happen. I'm not taking all the credit, mind you, but I will take my due. I conducted my first funeral solo, from start to finish, I handled the phones while the boss was gone, I generated death certificates, sat with families, dealt with other funeral homes for the purpose of arranging services for families traveling back to their hometowns, and tracked down information on traveling into a foreign country with cremated remains.

At times like this, I look back at my first day on the job. I was unsure of what to expect, intimidated by everything I didn't know, and after this week, I can't help but think, "You've come a long way, baby!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Good job Virginia Slims!

1:49 AM  
Blogger Sank said...

So, I've been reading your blog faithfully since I first found it, almost two years ago now... and in retrospect, in your postings you can see how much more confident you've become in this field. You seem to enjoy what you're doing, you've moved into your first house, you think nothing about meeting family members, doing removals by yourself, getting angry with medical professionals when you can't get paperwork.. basically driving the processes and getting results.

You have certainly come a long way and I'd congratulate you on your successes. You've also done a great job educating this reader on the inside of the business, and provided some amusement and great color along the way.

Hats off to you Grainmore!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

My thanks to the both of you for reading and for your kind comments. I really appreciate the support and the feedback.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT