And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, April 03, 2008

And The Business Keeps On Coming

It's been over a week since my last post. I try not to go that long between postings, but business has been overwhelming and shows no signs of slowing. We ended the month of March with 33 calls, and already for April we are up to 5 calls by the third day.

My boss told me today that soon I will be embalming by myself. I'm excited about that, and I'm not too worried. I'm confident I can handle the responsibility. The owner is leaving town tomorrow for a week's vacation. I'm sure that in his absence I'll be seeing some families and doing some of that solo embalming, business permitting.

The owner sat down with my boss yesterday and they were discussing a four man rotation for being on-call. I'm not sure how that's going to work, exactly, but the owner wants everybody making removals. He's trying to schedule it out so that each person is on call only 7 days out of every month. Of course, there will be exceptions and such, since only February has 28 days, but it's better than me and our courier making all the removals, which has been the case so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

hey there, just found your blog from blog village, fascinating site! I used to love 'Six Feet Under", it was a great show about a family funeral home business. not sure if any of it was accurate but I liked it all the same.

Anyway, stop by and say hi sometime.
-rick

9:19 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

To be honest with you, I've only seen one or two episodes of that show, and that was before I got into the business.
Thanks for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate it.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT