And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Business Is On The Rise

Our year started out slowly, as I may have mentioned in previous posts, but we're making up for it with a vengeance. In March we've averaged one call per day. Not that we actually got one call each day; some days we had none and some days we would get more than one. Most of our calls up to this point have been direct cremations, with no services of any kind. Now, most of our calls are full service, ending with either burial or cremation. So far this month we've embalmed four or five bodies.

One of our calls from the end of February scheduled a memorial service for Sunday. Until a few days ago, that was all the services we had planned. Now, we've got a visitation Friday night, with the funeral Saturday morning. We've got a memorial service for Saturday afternoon, and we've got a family coming in tomorrow morning who will probably schedule their service for Saturday morning at the funeral home. (Our other Saturday morning service is at a church, so the chapel will be available for them). We've got the previously scheduled service Sunday afternoon, and a visitation Sunday evening, with mass Monday morning. Also for Monday morning, we have a chapel service followed by burial. I haven't even counted how many services that is, but it looks like six over the course of four days. And since I'm on call this weekend, I'll be working all day Saturday and all day Sunday. While it will be very tiring, the overtime is amazing and will be put to good use, namely my tax bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT