And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dogpile On The Rabbit

Our secretary is on vacation for the next two weeks, so the day-to-day administrative and clerical duties will be falling on my shoulders. This has it's good points and bad points. The good part of this is that I usually get out of any grunt work that might be going on. The bad news is my boss has a tendency to start something, then pass it off to me to finish. For example, I was off yesterday, despite my concerns that I would have to go in. Well, we had four calls between Sunday and Monday. I show up to work on Tuesday morning, and find four sets of files waiting for me to enter into the computer.

This has to be done in order to print burial/transit permits, death certificates, social security notification forms, and the like. While I'm surveying the landscape, my boss tells me we need to find the address to one of the National Cemeteries up north and send an urn to them. I said something to the effect that we can probably look it up online. He tells me we can also look it up in some of our reference books. I'm thinking to myself, "well, then, why do you need me to look it up if you know where it is?" But that's just the kind of boss he is. I guess his philosophy is, "why do yourself what you can pawn off on somebody else?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT