And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Back From Vacation

I have returned from vacation and it was an awesome trip! We had taken the same cruise last year, but we wanted another cruise this year and this was the cheapest 7 day cruise available. We went zip lining in Honduras and made our own salsa and margaritas in Cozumel. I did fairly well in the casino on board the ship, but eventually came out down by about $60. I should have stopped playing when I was ahead. The entire time I was gone, the funeral home I primarily work at had zero calls; our other location had a few, but we were not nearly as busy in my absence as we have been in the past. Of course, the minute I get back into town the calls start rolling in. There were two the weekend I got back, and one on Monday and one on Tuesday, both of which I were sent on. One of the calls was burial at the National Cemetery, so naturally I was charged with taking that funeral out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT