And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Overtime And Smacking The Boss Around

I am racking up some serious overtime this week. I've got thirteen hours of OT, plus three from last week, for a total of 16 hours on this paycheck. Unfortunately, it's also close to tax time, so guess where most of that money is going? Uncle Sam.

Sometimes I would just love to smack my boss around until he gets it through his head that I can be counted on to do what I say. Tonight we got a call, so I sent Returning Employee out. I then called my boss and told him about the call. He instructed me to make contact with the family, then call him when I found out what the arrangements were. I called the family, but there was no answer. So I decided to try back after a while. My boss calls back wanting to know what I found out. I told him there was no answer, and that I would try again in a few minutes. He told me to call him when I made contact. I told him the minute I talked to the family, I would call him. So I called back, again there was no answer, and this time I left a message. I left work and on the way home, my phone rings. I see that it's my boss calling, and when I answer he asks me if I had talked to the family. I asked him, "Have I called you back yet...?" He didn't like that, but I don't care. Once again, he told me to call him when I made contact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT