And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stepping Up

Work has been very busy this week. We've averaged a call a day this month, and last Friday I went out on three calls after hours. One of the calls was to be a direct burial at the National Cemetery, so it was decided I would be allowed to embalm by myself. I tried raising the right femoral artery, and found it almost immediately, but it seemed to be too superficial (close to the surface of the leg, as opposed to deep, as in deep down inside the tissues). I started injecting, but fluid wasn't moving. I began to suspect I was trying to inject the vein, so I started looking for another artery. I found one, but it was small and not very flexible. After further attempts at injecting the first artery, I decided I was in over my head on this case and asked for assistance. So, I'm sorry to say my first embalming didn't work out too well. But each experience has something to teach, so I'll try to do better on my next attempt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT