And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Granimore Saves The Day!

Not to sound too melodramatic, but I was able to head off a major ordeal. We served a family who lost someone over the weekend. Due to bureaucratic red-tape at the hospital, we weren't able to pick up the body until Tuesday. We had called the doctor to make sure he would sign, and today I noticed he had never returned our call. I called our secretary, who was off today, to make sure he hadn't confirmed before I called him back. So I called his office and they verified he would sign, but we had to get the death certificate to him between 1pm and 4:30pm, because he was leaving for vacation. Today was his last day at work. So I printed it up, checked it over, and put it with our other paperwork for delivery. After lunch, Takes A Day Off ran it down there, found the doctor, and had it signed while he waited. By close of business today, the certificate was back at the office, complete with cremation authorization. All that's left now is to file it with the county in which the death occurred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT