And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Unbelievable

I went out Christmas shopping for my wife yesterday. I had the day off, and that's another story, which I will relate at the end of this post. I've gotten her a couple of gifts for under the tree, but I needed something for her stocking. Just as a lark, I thought I would get her a box of crayons and a "Shrek" coloring book. She always loved coloring when she was a kid, and she was always spoiled with a new box of crayons with every new coloring book. So I thought I would run right out and buy one. Not only could I not find a "Shrek" coloring book, I could hardly find any coloring books at all. The toy store, which was my first stop, had very few. Whether it was because of the holidays or coloring is just not popular, I couldn't say. So I went to Books-a-Million, same story. I went to Target, and finally to Wal-Mart, which had more than anybody, but no "Shrek." What kind of a world do we live in where coloring books are so hard to find? So I gave up on that plan and am now wondering what I'm going to do for her stocking.

As to my day off. It was supposed to have been Monday, but Saturday we get a call. It turns out the family wanted Sunday visitation with Monday burial. I knew we were going to be short one man because Takes A Day Off had a court appointment, so I came in to work. But I was able to talk to the owner and get Tuesday off instead. My son and I went to the movies. We saw "The Day The Earth Stood Still." I enjoyed it. It didn't suck. It wasn't phenomenal, but it was worth the price of a ticket.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey, do you have a Dollar Tree? They have good coloring books at ours!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks for the tip. I know we have some dollar stores; I'm just not sure which ones. I'll give them a try!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT