And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Moving To The National Cemetery

I may as well move to the National Cemetery. I was there Monday, Wednesday, and will be again on Friday. Wednesday's service was a full burial. The others are cremated remains, which means I take the family up in the limo and hold services at the cemetery.

My boss continues to not listen to me. We got a call today, and I told him we did not get a phone number for the next of kin because the person who called did not have that information at hand. As I was leaving to get the body, I asked him if he wanted me to call him once I got the number. He asks me, "didn't you get it when they called?"

One of these days, just to prove my point that he tunes me out when I talk to him, I'm going to try that old sitcom standby of uttering outrageous or nonsensical statements.

Errand Guy continues his pattern of taking half-days off at every opportunity. How he expects to pay his bills by only working what amounts to part-time, I'll never know. The owner even made mention of how much time this guy takes off. He said, "well, this can't continue...it's going to affect the other employees' morale." I told him, "too late."

Back to our most recent call, visitation will be Sunday, with services Monday. For the second time in 4 weeks, I'm getting screwed into working on my day off. While it seems other employees have no problem bailing out of work at every opportunity, I can't even get my regular days off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT