And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Things I Am Thankful For

I guess since it's Thanksgiving I should go ahead and list things that I am thankful for. Usually we do this around the dinner table, but this year it will be just me and my wife and son, instead of the whole extended Granimore clan.

I am thankful to God for watching over me ever since I arrived.
I am thankful to be doing work that I love, and to have a great boss.
I am thankful I am out of retail forever, and that I don't have to work retail this Black Friday, or any other holiday. Ever.
I am thankful to have a supportive family who came with me on this move from another state.
I am thankful for my family. Period.
I am thankful that I'm starting to be taught how to sit with families and make arrangements.
I am thankful we are done painting the funeral home (except for some minor trim work).
I am thankful for my Funeral Service teachers, David and Dedrick, who always had faith in me.
I am thankful for the wonderfully crisp weather we are experiencing this holiday season.
I am thankful I can finally enjoy Christmas, because of the third item in this list.
I am thankful that I have found happiness and enjoyment in life, after living the past 8 years without it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Granimore! I'm glad you're having a great year!!! Enjoy your day with your family!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am thankful that I have found happiness and enjoyment in life, after living the past 8 years without it."

I am so sorry for the past, and hope you did enjoy your special day. Have a great weekend.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks, Coral. The past is behind me and I am truly, truly loving my life.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! All is well here. Keep up the good work, if my team makes to a bowl game in your neck of the woods I'll look you up.
DM

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT