And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Former Employee Returns

Today an old employee of the funeral home came by. He had worked there for a while, but about six months ago he left, for reasons not known to me. He came in today to ask for his job back, which he got. This person is a very experienced embalmer, and in our owner's words, a very good one. I will be learning from him, but I'm not sure what it will be like working with him. I'm told he has some quirks, and that he can get impatient. I can learn just about anything that I set my mind to, but I don't want to learn it on someone else's timetable. I don't want him mad at me that I can't do certain tasks just because he showed it to me once and then expects me to be an instant master at it. I hope he's a patient teacher, and that our personalities don't clash.

1 Comments:

Blogger Granimore said...

We haven't formally met yet, so I don't know what his personality is like, aside from what I've been told. I just hope there's no friction or tension or anything, and that we get along just fine. I'm just being paranoid.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT