And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Monday, January 21, 2008

Randomness

I just realized it's been about 10 or 11 days since my last post. I apologize for going so long without any news, it's just that there hasn't been much to write about.

I did send in my application to retake the State Board exam. Once they receive my app, they'll let me know I'm in the system and I can schedule the re-test.

For the past year, I conducted an experiment with my Juno.com email account. In exchange for a free mailbox, they give my address to their advertisers, who send me junk mail. For 2007, I received 352 pieces of junk mail. That's almost one per day, but they would usually arrive in clusters of 2 or 3. Sometimes I would go a whole week without junk mail, then the next day I would have several waiting for me.

Does spamming work? I personally have never, ever, bought anything because of spam email.

Work on the house continues. I tore down the clothesline in the backyard. Now I have to separate the pole from the concrete base they were embedded in. (I just pulled the poles out of the ground, concrete and all). I also worked on our dead hedgerow. There are a row of hedges separating my yard from the neighbor behind me. 98% of the hedges are dead. I've uprooted a couple, but they stretch all the way across my backyard. Here's a couple of pictures for your consideration.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sank said...

I like gmail, which is free to.
I learned a bit about the spammers last summer. Send out 500,000 emails for free. Get a return rate one half a percent.. that's 2500. Doesn't take much.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT