And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Old Boss Is Still Pissing Me Off

Despite the fact he longer works with me, my old boss is managing to still piss me off. Today, a couple walked in asking for him. It seems he had given a seminar about preplanning a while back, and they were so impressed they only wanted to make arrangements with him. I tried to help them or see if the owner could help them, but they were bound and determined to only talk to my former boss. So I told them where he was working, and that they could find him there. So they left, and I assumed they went to find my old boss. Later in the day, our courier was at the crematory picking up ashes, and my old boss was gloating about how he wrote two prearrangements at $7,000.00 each because I was unable to "close the deal" when the couple came in.
What pisses me off is that it was not that I was unable to close the deal, it's that there was no deal to begin with. They were absolutely determined to speak only to him, and since he wasn't there, they left.

2 Comments:

Anonymous paul said...

hmmm...wonder if it would have been unprofessional to tell the couple "sorry, but you cannot make arrangements with my former boss because...he is dead"

just a thought

12:43 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

That would be hysterical!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT