And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm Sick

Takes A Day Off called out "sick" again today. I am also sick, but did I call out? No, I didn't. On top of that, since he's out again, I am once again having to cover his calls tonight. He now owes me two days, and rest assured I will get them.

I have a head cold, and I'm supposed to take a family in the limousine to the National Cemetery on Monday. I told the owner I was sick, but that my boss was planning for me to take the family. He asked me, "Are you supposed to be off Monday?" I told him I was supposed to be, so he asks me why my boss is having me come in. I told him he would have to ask my boss. Then he asks when my boss will be back from his trip, and I tell him that my boss will be at work Monday morning. So he asks me why my boss isn't working this service, and again, I tell him he would need to ask my boss. I'm beginning to think that perhaps I will get my Monday off, after all, especially if I'm snotting and sniffling all the way up to the cemetery.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Big Ed said...

"It's probably a tumor." I don't hear any snorting sounds like a pig, so its not swine flu. But go ahead and call in sick and take a few days off, it works for everyone else in the office. Or just not show, and when asked why, state "I didn't make a misstake, I just wrote my schedule down WRONG!"

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are sick, you are sick...and that's it. At my work 3 of us are off with flu (and I have a chest infection just to finish me off). I've been in bed 5 days and still feel pants. If I went in, I'd make myself worse, and more people ill. I don't want to make anyone else ill...this bug is horrid!

I hope you get better soon. Tell your boss you are ill and need time off.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I'm finally getting over it. The problem with working in a place with very few employees (6) is that when one person is out, that can have an impact on the workload, depending on what's going on.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT