And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm Sick

Takes A Day Off called out "sick" again today. I am also sick, but did I call out? No, I didn't. On top of that, since he's out again, I am once again having to cover his calls tonight. He now owes me two days, and rest assured I will get them.

I have a head cold, and I'm supposed to take a family in the limousine to the National Cemetery on Monday. I told the owner I was sick, but that my boss was planning for me to take the family. He asked me, "Are you supposed to be off Monday?" I told him I was supposed to be, so he asks me why my boss is having me come in. I told him he would have to ask my boss. Then he asks when my boss will be back from his trip, and I tell him that my boss will be at work Monday morning. So he asks me why my boss isn't working this service, and again, I tell him he would need to ask my boss. I'm beginning to think that perhaps I will get my Monday off, after all, especially if I'm snotting and sniffling all the way up to the cemetery.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Big Ed said...

"It's probably a tumor." I don't hear any snorting sounds like a pig, so its not swine flu. But go ahead and call in sick and take a few days off, it works for everyone else in the office. Or just not show, and when asked why, state "I didn't make a misstake, I just wrote my schedule down WRONG!"

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are sick, you are sick...and that's it. At my work 3 of us are off with flu (and I have a chest infection just to finish me off). I've been in bed 5 days and still feel pants. If I went in, I'd make myself worse, and more people ill. I don't want to make anyone else ill...this bug is horrid!

I hope you get better soon. Tell your boss you are ill and need time off.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I'm finally getting over it. The problem with working in a place with very few employees (6) is that when one person is out, that can have an impact on the workload, depending on what's going on.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT