And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Catching Up

The month got off to a slow start, but business has been on the rise. Between our two locations, we had four services this past Monday, and two today at our primary location, with another one coming up for Monday. Naturally, with Monday being my day off, I'm getting the shaft again and having to work.

Takes A Day Off went home "sick" at lunch on Tuesday. Coincidentally, Wednesday just happened to be his regular day off. Funny how he always seems to get sick when it will provide him with a couple of days off in a row or a long weekend. Not surprisingly, he also phoned in sick this morning, despite the fact we had two funerals today. I was at the Post Office buying stamps yesterday; the clerk said that Takes A Day Off had been in on Tuesday, which was his sick day. I asked the clerk if that was in the morning or the afternoon, but he couldn't remember. I told my boss about the incident, because to the best of my knowledge, we had no postal errands Tuesday morning.

Since Takes A Day Off is out sick, I'm having to cover his calls tonight, if we get any. I'm going to let him know he can cover mine next Tuesday, which is when I will take my day off, since Monday is out.

I was scouting around the internet looking for some online gaming, along the lines of World of Warcraft or some other MMORPG type of game. Mainly, I wanted something I could play for free. I found listings for quite a few, but I guess maybe I'm just too picky or something, because nothing really appealed to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT