And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, August 28, 2009

Slow

Work has been almost as slow as my posting, which explains the large gap between this post and my last. Honestly, there has been not much of anything happening at work. In fact, this has been a very slow year. Our call volume is off by about 40 calls or so. What that means is that last year at this time we had 40 more calls than we have at this time this year. If things don't pick up this last quarter, I'm dreading the end of the year chewing out we might receive for such a slow year.

Once again I've been toying with the idea of closing down this blog. I started it to chronicle my transition from retail to funeral directing, as a record to see my progress from neophyte graduate to full blown funeral director. I'm not saying this blog has run its course, but there certainly are times when I struggle for material to write about. If I do stop the blog, I will keep it up for people to discover. Besides, I'm not sure if there's anyway to save it other than to keep it up and open. I'll let you know.

3 Comments:

Blogger livingdedgrl said...

i hope you keep writing, i am enjoying reading it! i thought i was the only one who blogs about life in a funeral home. i run out of material sometimes as well, but low and behold, maybe 2 weeks maybe a month later i find it necessary to blog again. it can be something that i have already blogged about, beacause in some sick way, i hope that maybe one person out there will take my advice and not be a pain in the ass when they arrange a funeral!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks for reading, I appreciate all the comments you've left for me. I doubt I will shut this down any time soon, but posting has slowed down somewhat.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand this entry is three years old, however, please do not ever shut this blog down! I recently found you and I have just started my journey into Funeral Directing! I sincerely hope you continue to blog, as I very much enjoy reading your entries (as selfish as this sounds)!!!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT