And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How Is That Not A Mistake?

I'm back at work after vacation, and my boss just left for his. One of the calls he handled while I was away is a ship out up north. Today I got a call from the receiving funeral home; the date of death is in question. Our paperwork said one thing, the family said they were notified a day earlier. So I pull the file, and see that, yes, the family seems to be correct, yet our face sheet shows the later date. So I call my boss, and he says the face sheet is correct. Then he hesitates, and says, "well, I got the call the day before yesterday. When would that be?" I told him that would be the date the family is indicating. He then tells me the stupidest thing I think I have ever heard in my entire life, and I can't wait until he rags on me for something dumb I did so I can throw it back in his face; "Well, I didn't make a mistake, I just wrote it down wrong."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's funny!!! I need to remember that line and use it the next time I 'don't' make a mistake....

Other than that, I hope things are good for you.

DM in SC

2:12 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Yeah, we all got a big laugh out of that one. For the next few days after that,we were all using that excuse.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT